"One of the greatest things in human life is the ability to make plans. Even if they never come true - the joy of anticipation is irrevocably yours. That way one can live many more than just one life."

Maria Trapp-The Story of the Trapp Family Singers - Ch. 12 p. 4

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

- St. Augustine

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pictures, pictures & more pictures


When we were getting ready to leave for Ireland, several people told me to, “make sure you take lots of pictures!” Let’s just say I obeyed. To the tune of about 1400 kept pictures! That doesn’t take into account any pictures I deleted after transferring SD cards to my computer. Or the unknown quantity of videos I took.

I haven’t quite decided what to do with all these pictures. I will probably first make several movies with Windows Movie Maker combining pictures and video clips of various days or events on our trip. I’m working now on the one for our grand castle experience. If I ever get internet fast enough to use my photo editing software with, you might actually get to see the castle pictures I’ve been withholding. :)

Doing the Movie Maker thing will give me all my pictures in DVD form. This is good for archiving purposes and because they can be viewed on the TV if wanted. Then I’ll have to decide what kind of photo albums to make. I don’t know if I’ll do digital or scrapbook or what. 1400 is a LOT of pictures to deal with. I may just do a large album of a select few 5x7’s or 8x10’s for our coffee table and leave the rest in digital format. Maybe I’ll get a digital picture frame just for our Ireland stuff!

If you’re bored and want to spend large quantities of time looking at other peoples’ trip pictures, I’ll probably post the movies I make here on this blog. I’m sure we’ll be making a few more posts on our Ireland blog before we shut it down. It will take a few weeks to process all our thoughts and put them into words to record. We’re using this blog as a travel diary of sorts, so whether any of you want to read our Ireland musings or not, we will probably keep posting for awhile for our own sakes. :)
 
Thanks for sharing our adventures with us.  - Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment