- Amara: (sitting in the living room playing while I wash dishes two rooms away) I!" (long pause) Grammy: "LOVE" (long pause) Amara: "YOU!" (just checking I was still there without having to leave her toys)
- One more tight hug - her newest skill - to tide me over.
- Amara: "Daddy" Grammy: "He's at work" Amara: "PIANO!"
- Amara: (as a light colored sedan drives up the road alongside our house) "OL-I-VER!"
- Snuggling on the couch while Amara names every animal, park and airplane in Richard Scary's First Word Book
"One of the greatest things in human life is the ability to make plans. Even if they never come true - the joy of anticipation is irrevocably yours. That way one can live many more than just one life."
Maria Trapp-The Story of the Trapp Family Singers - Ch. 12 p. 4
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
- St. Augustine