"One of the greatest things in human life is the ability to make plans. Even if they never come true - the joy of anticipation is irrevocably yours. That way one can live many more than just one life."

Maria Trapp-The Story of the Trapp Family Singers - Ch. 12 p. 4

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

- St. Augustine

Monday, December 20, 2010

We must be going....

...because I just bought our first Ireland travel book! Backroads Ireland

I always buy or borrow from the library one travel book to take with us on a trip. It is usually one that has suggested walks or drives with sites I know I want to see so that I have a quick reference for addresses or suggested eateries, etc. I also like one that comes with a useful map.

I don't buy anything large or compreshensive - I use those for planning at home. I just want something easy to carry in my purse that I can use for last minute references of how far the next point of interest is from wherever we are, where we can stop to eat along the way and is there anything nearby to do if we get done with something earlier than I thought. I think this little guide just might hit the spot.

Costco had a tiny little stack of these for a good price, so I decided to give it a whirl. I don't usually buy one this early in the planning process, but you never know how long Costco is going to carry something. Besides, this way Doug will look through it and get interested in where we're going and what we're doing, which is always harder for the person not doing the planning. I'm so excited to revel in my Christmas week with the babies and then on to planning Ireland in earnest! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment