"One of the greatest things in human life is the ability to make plans. Even if they never come true - the joy of anticipation is irrevocably yours. That way one can live many more than just one life."

Maria Trapp-The Story of the Trapp Family Singers - Ch. 12 p. 4

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

- St. Augustine

Saturday, April 30, 2011

One Week!

I woke up ridiculously early for a Saturday morning. Why does that always happen? I drag myself out at 6:18am on weekday mornings after hitting the snooze at least twice and shuffle off to start my day.  But on Saturday, when I'm fully free to sleep until 8am and luxuriate in a slow wake-up, I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:05am. Ergh.

Since I'm the only one up, I've been sitting on my computer doing this and that and I just realized that next Saturday I'll be up even more ridiculously early. If I sleep at all.

In about 10 minutes it will be one week exactly until our plane takes off from PDX and we are on our way to New York and Ireland! It's pretty hard to believe it's nearly time to go. People keep asking if we're getting excited. We surely are, but it also just seems like something that is way "out there somewhere," not something that is happening next week!

It should feel more imminent because our luggage is laying open on the guest room bed, ready to be filled, and I've started saving things out of the clean laundry to pack. I did my final grocery shopping trip for the family yesterday and the last minute snacks and toiletries are purchased. I sent my last confirmation email to our various B&B's just now and bought our bus tickets for Dublin. Pretty much everything is done. I even labeled my money envelopes for each day of the trip!
This week on the calendar is already full. Between taking care of business at home and getting ready to leave, I'm sure it's going to fly by. In no time at all I'll be posting from the airport! How strange to think we're really going to do this. 

Now, time for my coffee. I have some packing to get started on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment