"One of the greatest things in human life is the ability to make plans. Even if they never come true - the joy of anticipation is irrevocably yours. That way one can live many more than just one life."

Maria Trapp-The Story of the Trapp Family Singers - Ch. 12 p. 4

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

- St. Augustine

Monday, April 25, 2011

New Life

As I sat enjoying my post-Lenten cup of coffee yesterday morning, gazing out over my beautiful yard Ben spent 2 days cleaning out for me, I rejoiced again in the new life we have from a world of death because of the gift of Resurrection Day. My family and my day were full of Christ's gifts of life. 

He is Risen! 
He has made all things new! 

My family and our story are a living testimony to the life Christ works in us from dead things. We have a living Jesus written all over us.


Death


to

LIFE!!







Amara was VERY intent on unwrapping all her chocolate.
She didn't even need to eat them, just get those shiny foil wrappers OFF!



Christian, on the other hand, was happy to eat whatever Amara unwrapped!

My beautiful sister came for Easter - yay for me!



Christian & Amara's 1st pinata - a bigger hit than I imagined, considering they're still babies!



Mommy insisted on unwrapping his candy before he ate it. Christian didn't approve!
 
Two days of preparation,
 a full day of restoring the house to sanity,
worth it?


Absolutely!!!

3 comments:

  1. My dear, you are one of the greatest gifts of all!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christian's little Hayes face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting, Amanda, not very many people think Christian looks anything like a Hayes! Kathy has always maintained he does, but I've only seen glimpses of it now and again. I think he looking more that way, though, and we watched some old baby movies the other day and his voice is exactly like his dad's baby voice. Generations are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete