"One of the greatest things in human life is the ability to make plans. Even if they never come true - the joy of anticipation is irrevocably yours. That way one can live many more than just one life."

Maria Trapp-The Story of the Trapp Family Singers - Ch. 12 p. 4

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

- St. Augustine

Monday, February 21, 2011

Then again....

Okay, so, I've never planned an overseas trip before. Which means I'm changing things around...

..alot....

Contrary to the last two posts, we are going to stay at a fancy castle after all. This came about after talking over our trip plans together made me wonder if we were going to regret not staying at a real castle. So, I emailed Dromoland Castle to find out if there was a way to be notified if a standard room became available. 

One of the big reasons we decided not to stay there in the first place  was because the only room I could reserve online was a deluxe room at a deluxe price. If I found a way to get us just a regular, standard B&B room, it would be much more plausible. 

The next day I got a very nice email from the reservations manager saying that since this was a special trip for us, he'd be happy to offer us the room we wanted at the price we wanted. How could I turn that down? 

So, we will leave Ireland with a bang and spend our last night here:

Fun!

It's only 15 minutes from the airport so hopefully not only will it be the "cherry on top" but also make going home smooth and stress free. I moved up our stays at two other places by cutting one day from the Dingle Peninsula, so it doesn't mess our itinerary up much. What little we lose will be worth it! :)

The pit in my stomach I've had for the last month - worrying that I wasn't going to do a good job planning this trip without an agent - has pretty much gone away. I'm starting to feel like everything's falling into place and we're going to have an amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment